sadstrumpetjenny

sad strumpet jenny

Romance forum refugee, often prone to snark.

Close to You: A Downside Ghosts Story (A Heroes and Heartbreakers Original)
Stacia Kane
Lover Reborn - J.R Ward A transition book. Lots of setup for more (how long is this series going to go on?), lots of quick visits to old and new characters, and a very depressing central romance. I mean, don't get me wrong - I think Ward did a good job moving Tohr through the grieving process - and it really was full of angsty goodness, but, she did it by pacing the story over the course of a year. I get it, but it also meant that he was kind of awful for a long time to No'One/Autumn - both on and off-screen. I can't say I am a huge fan of reading about someone going through that kind of grief in a romance novel, and who thinks that he can fuck his way out of it. Just..no. And I don't buy the TruLuv4-eva BS. It's a rebound relationship, for both of them!!Anyway. Xcor and crew are way more interesting than the lessers, so that's an improvement. And Ward does just have a way with words. It was better than the last one, but not memorable. And. Fine. Enough with the Quinn and Blay saga. It should have been resolved books ago. I just can't care anymore because I am so tired of it. And inserting effing Layla into it just kills me. She is honestly TSTL. Was she really so fucking dumb that she didn't know who she was 'serving'? Gah. That was a dumb plot line all around, and I am already annoyed with the fallout that's to come. .Oh, and one more thing. I don't know if it's just me but I really can't stand the Chosen. And it's not even just for the depiction of ideal feminine subservience or whatever - but the fact that they are dressed like freaking Grecian goddesses from a 1960s movie, and then suddenly start wearing yoga pants. It creeps me out!!