sadstrumpetjenny

sad strumpet jenny

Romance forum refugee, often prone to snark.

Close to You: A Downside Ghosts Story (A Heroes and Heartbreakers Original)
Stacia Kane

A Notorious Countess Confesses (Pennyroyal Green Series #7)

A Notorious Countess Confesses - Julie Anne Long Mmmmm. Slow burn unstarching of a not-actually-all-that-starchy vicar by a unrepentant widow with a past. It would have been five stars but I wasn't crazy about the endless description of Adam's perfection and place in the town in the first chapter - too heavy handed. There were also a couple of distracting typos/errors. But, I really loved it. Their first real meeting, on the road after church, put a huge open-mouthed grin on my face, and I was practically holding my breath with delight. I just love how JAL writes dialogue, like a very witty chess match. I also loved how grounded the story was thanks to the hero - reminded me of how [b:A Lady Awakened|11938752|A Lady Awakened (Blackshear Family, #1)|Cecilia Grant|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1343277852s/11938752.jpg|16839861] incorporated the town life and less fortunate residents. A nice respite from earls and dukes and whatnot. ETA: 5/1 Just learned that they've corrected and updated the ebook!